Pages

5.15.2012

Making Stand! #8 Protest Series Part 1

My first installation and it is more sculpture than fiber but fabric based.  Basically the project took over our home.  Last project I needed help with Norman came to the rescue for sound.  For this project my dear friend LInda helped me to head in the right direction.  She created the pattern for and made the masks, figured out construction stitched strips together etc. etc. John our carpenter made the star stands.


I started with the idea to cover the styrofoam heads with stars and stripes and republican and democrat fabric.  I knew I wanted to make isolation masks from patriotic commercial fabrics. They come later.



I considered many ways of displaying them and then it hit me, stars.




They multiplied...




The poles needed to be covered




Here's Linda who was amazing


A confab.



Tom my photographer taking a head count

No comments: