Pages

2.15.2011

Protest Series #8?


I'm not sure if this is part of the Protest Series or not. Inspired by the Sly and the Family Stone song Everybody is a Star. Many of the lyrics are protest in nature but the song and this quilt are celebratory.

"'Til the sun that loves you proud
When the system tries to bring you down
Every hand to shine tonight
You don't need darkness to do what you think is right"

Thinking about the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell and acceptance of all regardless of orientation to marry or unite through civil unions.

I'm not much for blue so this color palette is unusual for me but I had great fun with the collage. I have had the romance fabric for some time and finally inspiration struck.
I haven't beaded for some time it is very soothing. This quilt rather pleases me nice to be commenting on something in a positive and celebratory way.


2 comments:

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Penny, I just ran across your blog and I NEED that fabric! Do you know where you got it? Thanks!

Penny Mateer said...

I assume you are referring to the two women? I collaged the two women together from a printed commercial fabric it was not originally printed that way.

Does that answer your question?
Thanks for checking out my blog!