Pages

2.10.2010

Work in progress

I'm working on the composition of a piece. I'm always playing with movement using the structure of a border which is the exterior, and the collage, the interior. Sometimes the interior breaks through to the border sometimes not. In this piece there is no break through from a conceptual point of view.


There is the question of whether or not I am attempting to use too many symbols to convey what I mean does it just become chaotic and the composition loses focus?

Three different ways of looking at it.



3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I like all three. I really like the way the lunch boxes are all piled together.

Penny Mateer said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm partial to the pile of lunch boxes myself and think I have to let it sit. I'm leaning towards removing the faces from the border. Stay tuned and thanks for posting.

Penny Mateer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.